Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer adventures: Staycation Day 1


"Staycation" is a term that my friend Christina is using, when she has a vacation but stays in town anyway.
To tell you the truth I don't see the point of taking time off if you don't have to go anywhere.
On the other hand, I have reached my limits. I have worked all summer long full time, did not get any rest at all and a really difficult winter is ahead. Working full-time has its joys, but working more than 13 hours a day (since I can't desert my existing students) has exhausted me.
The thing is that I am such a workaholic and I cannot really enjoy laziness. I stayed on my couch yesterday evening from the time I got home from the office, slept at 21.15 and woke up really sore - back and legs hurting (because these days I all I do is sit on a chair at the office in front of a computer at work).
So after a lot of effort, I got out of my couch to do some housework!

Too much ironing, cleaning, washing, shopping for groceries and everything real housewives do ( I wish I had somebody to help me out with the housework, when I am at home not working, I spend the day "working" at home!!)
After the "boring stuff", I decided it was time for a workout - I chose a video from the ones my ex-personal trainer  is making (he has a fancy channel on youtube and although he speaks only to "celebrities" right now and not to simple people, I find his advice useful, when I get the chance to watch)
So the workout I chose was really simple. It consisted if 3 sets of exercises (20-14-9 repeats)
  • squats
  • push ups
  • jacks
  • crunches
  • dead lift (without weight)
  • lower abs exercise
  • stair run
  • mountain climbers
It takes about half an hour and it's great for the core and abs - but I sweated all over! I mean I have got "unused" to it after so much time! The thing is - my legs got "unsore" and that's something!
Another nice thing I got today today is have lunch on a real plate (not the plastic bowls I use at work) with my son!!!
It's been a while since we last ate together! It has been a difficult week for him being sick with high fever in the middle of the summer. But everything's ok now and I hope I can spend some time with him (again being a teenager means he wants to spend time with his friends and not with his mum!)

Truth is I wasn't able to stay away from the computer - opened some e-mails from work and answered them - did some research, read about an interesting project and started making plans, started making plans for my students this year...
After all... it's raining guys...
Thinking of continuing the book I had chosen for the beach ... seems I am not going anywhere near the sea this summer anyway....


Starting to get annoyed with people posting pictures of the beach, coffees and cocktails from their holiday - I know I had been doing it too in the past years but I makes me wonder - don't these people have to go to work some time?? I mean, it is acceptable to be away for a week, 10 days, even 2 weeks ... but the WHOLE summer?? Mercy!!!

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment